Pet safety can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be scary during Halloween! Follow these tips to ensure you keep your pet safe and not spooked this season.
Top 5 Halloween Pet Safety Tips
1. Keep candy out of reach! Many Halloween treats are toxic to pets. Chocolate and sugar-free candies containing xylitol can be dangerous or even fatal to your pet.
2. Avoid dangerous decorations. Examples of this are flames used to light jack-o-lanterns and dry ice.
3. Make sure your pet's costume is comfortable. If you dress up your pet, it's important to consider if the costume has the potential to cause unnecessary stress or discomfort. Check to see if they can breathe, move, and see in their outfit.
4. Use Collars with ID Tags. With all the chaos that comes with trick-or-treating, your pet may break free or get lost in the shuffle.
5. Keep your pets calm and secure. Strangers approaching the door may make your pet nervous, so pay extra special attention to them to calm their nerves.
Check out the ASPCA Halloween Pet Safety Tips for more helpful suggestions to keep your pet safe this Halloween season.
For more pet saftey information, please feel free to give us a call at (203) 312-9000.