New Fairfield Animal Hospital offers full body digital x-rays to better diagnose and treat sick or injured pets.
Our practice offers the most advanced digital radiography capabilities available today. Compared to traditional film x-ray, digital x-rays provide greater image detail and are available to view in a matter of seconds. This technology allows us to provide our patients with real time care.
This vital diagnostic tool allows our doctors to diagnose potential serious health risks during your actual appointment time. Digital x-rays also allow us the opportunity to quickly communicate with certified radiologists regarding your pet's health.
Benefits of Digital X-ray over Traditional Film
- Images are obtained much more quickly and with greater accuracy.
- Fewer retakes are required, resulting in less radiation exposure for both the patient as well as the staff.
- Images can be easily and quickly sent to other veterinarians, including board-certified veterinary radiologists, allowing us to get results in a matter of hours rather than days.
- Records can be stored electronically and are protected from damage or loss.
- The chemical processing step required to develop traditional film x-rays is eliminated, creating a huge reduction in chemical usage and hazardous waste.
- Digital x-ray allows us to provide superior care to our patients and supports our goal of progressive, high-quality medicine.