New Fairfield Animal Hospital has a full, on-site surgical suite. We perform many general surgeries right here at our hospital.
You can rest assured that your pet will be in the constant care of the doctors and staff that you've come to know and trust. We will be with your pet throughout his or her entire procedure and answer any questions and concerns you may have.
We work with Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeons who come to our facility to perform orthopedic procedures. You get the convenience of having these specialty procedures performed at our hospital for far less than specialty center prices! Plus, you will have the confidence knowing your pet is well-cared for while under the supervision of the doctors and staff you have come to know and trust.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer the following surgeries:
Soft Tissue Surgery
Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At New Fairfield Animal Hospital, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.